Although linking your bank account to the Aadhaar number is not necessary, if you want to receive subsidies and social security benefits from the central and/or state government, you will have to do so. If you wish to link your bank account to Aadhaar, you can either submit a replica of your Aadhaar card at your home branch or you can do the same online by visiting the official website of your bank. However, even though you have submitted your Aadhaar details at your bank branch, there is also a likelihood that the link between the two was not handled successfully by the bank or it may be that Aadhaar has not been linked to your account by the bank or your details have been missing.
Here are steps which you need to follow for checking whether Bank Account is Linked with Aadhaar Or Not.
- Visit ‘www.uidai.gov.in’ and select ‘Check Aadhaar/Bank Account Linking Status’ from ‘My Aadhaar’ menu under the Aadhaar services option.
- Now enter the required details such as your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16 digit Virtual ID and security code
- Once done an OTP (valid for 10 minutes) will be delivered on mobile number recorded in the Aadhaar database
- Now enter the OTP on the required field and click on ‘Login’
- The website indicates whether your Aadhaar number is correctly identified or not upon successful login.
Some Important Points :
- Only the last bank account that has been linked to your Aadhaar will be displayed to you
- You will have to confirm the same status with the bank if you have multiple bank accounts.
- This service will be available to you only if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar.