Indian Post Office plays a vital role in several official and personal works even today! Though we are technically advanced, Postal Department has maintained its consistency.
The Postal Department. India is divided into 16 postal circles under the postmaster general. Further, Post Offices have been classified into three categories, i.e., Head Post Offices, Sub-Post offices and E.D. Branch Post Offices.
Timings and working shifts at Indian Post Offices you must know about:
Usually, working hours of the Post Offices are from 8 AM to 4 PM. But the timing may extend under the instruction of Director General of Posts for certain cases.
- Post Offices remain closed on Sundays except for the Night Post Offices.
- Post Offices remain closed on public holidays as well.
- Post Offices remain opened on Saturday Except Gazetted Holidays
- Working hours of post office on Saturday is same as like other Days.
- Apart from the public holidays, the post offices across the country remain closed for another five days, but the day of holidays varies from circle to circle.
- Lunch hours vary from circle to circle, but the usual lunch timing is from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM.
|Monday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Tuesday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Wednesday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Thursday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Friday||8 AM to 4 PM|
|Saturday||8 AM to 4 PM|
NOTE : Before leaving, do check whether its national holiday or any other local issues to avoid any problems.
Please follow and like us: